Email verification and email list cleaning has many benefits. Users who regularly use an email verifier or validation service experience lower bounce rates, increased conversion, increased email ROI, and more accurate campaign statistics. In this slideshare, we discuss the benefits of using an email list cleaning service as part of your overall email deliverability strategy. List cleaning does not replace permission best practices, so it's important to use double optin and ensure you have permission to email your contacts.
1. Lower bounce rate
One of the most immediate benefits of email address verification is a lower bounce rate. A bounce rate greater than 3-5% is a sign you need to clean your email list. Bounces are often caused by undeliverable email addresses on your list.
2. Saves money
Do you really want to pay to send messages to non-existent email addresses? Email list validation reduces your overall marketing costs associated with your email marketing efforts due to bouncing emails.
3. Accurate campaign stats
An undeliverable email is never going to open, click, or engage. By keeping these addresses on your email list, your campaign statistics are not an accurate reflection of your email marketing efforts. List cleaning removes addresses that are damaging your sender reputation and skewing your campaign statistics.
4. More actionable data insights
Another benefit of cleaning an email list is actionable insight into your data. When invalid addresses are removed from your email list, you get a better idea of how engaged your subscribers are with specific content.
5. More effective targeted marketing
Verifying emails prevents your team from wasting valuable time mailing bad leads. After cleaning an email list, you should segment inactive vs. active emails and target each group with appropriate messaging.
6. Increased Conversion Rates A bad email address can never convert. Email list cleaning usually increases conversion rates by removing addresses that will never convert. When your messages are being received by an engaged audience, your conversion rates will increase.
7. Increased Email ROI
In addition to saving money, email list cleaning increases your overall email ROI by eliminating the investment in undeliverable emails, reducing bounces, improving your sender reputation, and providing more accurate metrics for decision making.
8. Maximize revenue opportunities
Undeliverable email addresses damage your sender reputation, causing your messages to be placed in the spam folder rather than the inbox. A clean email list gets better inbox placement, better engagement, and better revenue opportunities through segmentation and targeting.
9. Protect your sender reputation One of the main factors of email deliverability is your sender reputation, which is determined by bounces, spam complaints, spam traps, and subscriber level engagement. Frequent email list verification is one piece to the deliverability puzzle, and can help maintain a good sender reputation.
10. Prevent delivery issues It’s much easier to take a proactive approach to email list maintenance than to wait until you are blocked from sending email. Realtime email verification, regular email list cleaning, and email assurance can help prevent deliverability issues before they begin.
Start seeing the benefits of email list cleaning as part of your overall email deliverability strategy. Create an account for free and check the quality of your list!
For further reading, check out 3 Benefits to Deleting Subscribers from your Email List and Evolve or Die - Fighting Email Entropy.