One of the most important sets of rules that regulate how businesses all over the world collect, process and store personal data from EU citizens goes into effect on the 25th of May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes the existing EU data protection rules and establishes clear standards and substantial fines.
At DataValidation, we are always committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. Our efforts go beyond making sure we are compliant with the law. We have been focused on giving your business the right tools to control your data.
How the GDPR changes benefit your business
The rules set forth by the GDPR are a great measure to increase the trust between businesses and customers. Giving you the option to dictate what kind of experience you expect from our service helps us exceed those expectations. We have made important changes to how we collect, process and store your data and have made it easier for you to choose your own preferences.
Below you can see the options we have added as a Data Collector:
- On your Profile Settings, you can consult your personal data and update it whenever necessary;
- You can now delete your personal information, as well as your account from your Profile Settings page.
- You have the option to select what types of communications we send to your email address;
As a Data Processor, we have made the following changes:
- Our Data Processing Agreement gives you an overview of what happens when you sign up for a DataValidation account;
- To help you stay in compliance with GDPR, you can delete your lists from our servers directly from your account;
- We log any aspect that has to do with your lists;
Advanced validation options
To help our clients comply with GDPR or other legal or business requirements, we are adding the ability to choose the validation servers’ region. Reach out to our Customer Support team to set the validation region or in case you need more details. If you need your data to be processed only on our EU servers, you can now do so simply and quickly. We strongly believe that this new option will improve our customers’ trust in our services and make it easier for every business to stay in compliance with the new data protection rules.
Please note that our Customer support team is available to answer any questions you might have. Contact them on Live Chat 24/5 or via email at support [at] datavalidation.com.
DataValidation's Data Protection